Thursday, May 17, 2012

Whiting Ranch 5/16/12


Lizard on a Log in front of a Mountain Lion

Purple and White Flower
Yellow Flower

Pink Flower

Abandoned Water Fountain

...

Electrical Lines

Dry

Cactus Flower



 Yesterday we went on a long hike through Whiting Ranch. Since it was a very hot and sunny day, we were pretty tired by the end of the hike. I was growled at by a mountain lion when I was taking a picture of the lizard shown. I was very scared especially since Whiting Ranch is known for being lousy with mountain lions. Even though I didn't actually see the mountain lion, I'm sure I was growled at. Parts of the area where we hiked through are still burned from the 2007 Santiago fires. It is weird how some of the burned trees are still standing. Overall, it was a good hike that offered many opportunities for good pictures.
Matt Miyamoto


No comments:

Post a Comment